This is the standard edition of Farmall Century. Limited copies of the stunning Anniversary Edition are available for pre-order. Books ship September 2023!
The 100th Anniversary of the revolutionary Farmall tractor is celebrated in this authoritative model-by-model history that traces the evolution and design of the most significant farm tractors of the 20th century. Award-winning author Lee Klancher chronicles how and why the Farmall tractor came to exist and how it evolved with his signature blend of compelling stories, engaging text, and spectacular images.
Farmall Century includes:
- An intimate look at the creation and evolution of the original Farmall tractor, the Regular.
- New discoveries, such as the very first gasoline tractor–it's NOT the machine you think!
- A dramatic telling of how IHC was founded and formed, including a look at the history of the McCormick and Deering company.
- Never-before-published photographs of prototype tractors as well as one-off variations of popular models.
- A mix of newly created images, gorgeous archival imagery, and engineering drawings and sketches.
- Complete coverage of all IH tractors from the very first examples up to 1957.
- A visual guide to all post-1957 tractors to carry the Farmall badge.
- Complete coverage of the IH crawler line.
- Detailed coverage of the high-performance modifications offered by H&M for Letter Series and later tractors.
- Complete coverage of IH machines built for World War II.
Title: Farmall Century
The Evolution of Red Tractors and Crawlers in the Golden Age of International Harvester
Tuesday, September 5, 2023
11.8 × 10.5 × 1.6 in